After an action-packed getaway to Louisville this past weekend that included visits to museums, parks, and restaurants, Celie's favorite part? "Jumping on the bed!"

For me, the best part was probably just getting out of town for a while, and finally seeing some art. There's something particularly soothing about gallery space: being surrounded by creativity and the work of people at work. There is a kind of urgency in that quiet and I always leave feeling inspired, with a renewed commitment to making things myself--not the least of which includes some great memories with those I love best.
"Well that was about a $300 experience for ya, kid," said Mike, before we both started laughing.
Other highlights included running into Winnie the Pooh, who apparently has fallen on hard times as he is now handing out coupons for Smoothie King--still wearing no pants. Celie didn't seem to mind, although she was concerned that he, like the Clifford we met on Valentine's Day, wasn't able to speak. "Why's he have a broken throat?" she kept asking, until finally Mike and I simply had return to our go-to scenario about the flu bug and how he probably just needed some rest. You be amazed how many times that flu bug's come in handy when discussing phenonmenon we just can't explain...
And while I can't say for sure what Fionn liked best, I'm willing to bet our evening stroll through downtown ranks at the top. As the wind whipped through his fabulously opinionated hair, we couldn't help by smile each time he'd throw his tiny arms up into the air and squeal his baby version of "Weeeeeeee!"
For me, the best part was probably just getting out of town for a while, and finally seeing some art. There's something particularly soothing about gallery space: being surrounded by creativity and the work of people at work. There is a kind of urgency in that quiet and I always leave feeling inspired, with a renewed commitment to making things myself--not the least of which includes some great memories with those I love best.