9.22.2007

Irresistable

For the past few weeks we've been taking Celie all over New Orleans. Although she vigorously protests the process of being put into her car seat, once there she loves being out.

Mostly she just sleeps. But every now and again, she'll open her eyes and take in the scene. I'm sure the following is true for most babies, but people are absolutely drawn to this girl. Why, just the other day a woman said to me, "You know, I have to tell you...when you passed by my son turned to me and said, 'Mom, I don't know why, but I really like that baby." It's a wonderful thing--except when I've had to fake the 'my-baby's-sick' excuse to keep weird ladies with dirty fingernails from touching her face. Everywhere we go, people find her irresistable.

And apparantely bugs do, too, because just recently Celie received not one, but two bites: one on her hand and one on her face. We think it happened at a friend's barbeque, although we can't be sure. All I know is that both Mike and I had the instinct to hunt down the offending insect, thinking, "Just WHO is the bug that thinks it can bite our girl?!?" In hindsight, of course, I can't blame the bug. She's sweet!

p.s. check out the video that Mike took...Oh, Cecelia!