1.03.2012

Role Models

My best friend Jill wrote me this morning in response to yesterday's post"It is like a tiny kid version of Mike is kissing you...stops me in my tracks."  And I must admit, he does look alot like my husband, especially in the eyes.  Just look at that little hand-on-the-head expression in the upperleft, as if he's about to slowly shake his head and wryly sigh, "I'm a lucky man...I'm a lucky, lucky man," or at least suggest "she's somethin' else," an ambiguous phrase I've heard a thousand times.  That means 'something great,' right?
As for Celie, I'm not sure if she looks like me or not, though I'm quite sure we're alot alike.  For one, I think we both have a sense of what it feels like to love a boy and I know I've shared that lowerleft look of love. 

With what matters most, I think they're just like us--or perhaps better yet, I hope we're always just like them.