11.02.2011

Picture Day

I have the world's best collection of terrible school photos, thanks to my wild and wooly hair and my Mom's general indifference to how I looked.  In her defense, she truly believes I'm "beautiful on the inside" but still: a little product knowledge for curly hair couldn't have hurt--specifically, Rule #1: Never comb curly hair once its dry, lest you end up with a giant, unruly mop.
This year, Mike and I were in New York on picture day so my parents were in charge and judging from Celie's photo it seems the tradition lives on.  Look at that crazy hair!  She's just like me!  As for Fionn's photo, it's ALL him--even the lingering crumbs in the sides of his mouth.  

But nothing beats the piece de resistance, the Wedding Photo.  I love this shot, if for no other reason than they're both looking at the camera in unison.  How did the photographer do it??  A true professional, I suppose, who definitely captured one truth:  this happy couple, from the looks of it, is sure to live a long and happy life together.