3.27.2008

Sold!

It sold!  

While surfing the net looking for "evidence" of my work's relevance for my tenure dossier, I discovered that the Fleur-de-Lis sculpture I made last June for the Zurich Classic's FORE!Kids Foundation recently sold for a whopping $7500.  Who knew?  Not me!  You'd have thought someone from the Arts Council who commissioned the project would have let me in the good news...apparently they have better things to do?

Either way, I'm happy to report my little guy's found a home.  Of the 40 sculptures that dotted the city last summer, 18 have been purchased and I'm relieved to say Living on the River is among them.  I was starting to worry mine would get lost in the limbo of unwanted public art, gathering dust or worse--forgotten, alone, toppled over and trapped inside the cavernous vaults of Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World.

YAY!

For more information on the FOREKids! Foundation, please visit their website at www.forekidsfoundation.com.